Care Ministry: Financial Wellness Workshops
We all go through challenging times, transitions, relational pain, and difficult seasons of life. At some time or another, everyone needs a little help. Our Care Ministry exists to facilitate the physical, spiritual, and emotional health and well-being of individuals in our congregation and community.
Our Financial Wellness Workshops are designed for anyone, regardless of income and situation, who wants to drastically improve their financial situation through tangible, actionable steps and accountability. Taught by subject matter experts, these first three workshops are designed to build off of each other and provide the foundation, knowledge, tools, and support participants need in order to move to a healthier, more stable financial future. Those who register and complete the three sessions will have the opportunity to receive one-on-one, free consultation services, leveraging the work done during the workshops.
- January 13 - Crafting Your Plan
This initial session will begin with foundational principles of personal financial management from a Biblical perspective. The content will focus on the “Financial Ladder” of success, and sound strategies for creating a personal financial plan.
- A renewed desire to manage personal finances as a steward of God’s gifts to us
- An understanding of the Financial Ladder of personal financial success, and one’s position relative to its steps
- Actionable steps to get started toward on the path to improved financial wellness
- January 27 - Budgeting for Success
This session introduces the most important tool for personal financial wellness: the budget. We will discuss what a budget is, why it’s important, how to construct a budget and the best tools to use, and strategies for making it work for you and/or your family. Most importantly, we’ll explain how a budget can be used as a “freeing” mechanism, and not just a set of restrictive rules.
- A clear understanding of what a budget is and how various types of expenses should be managed
- The best tools and strategies for building and maintaining a budget efficiently
- The positive outcomes that will be achieved through ongoing budgeting
- February 10 - The Compounding Effect
In this session, we will explore the power of compound interest over time from two different perspectives: first, debt and its various implications, and second, investing and building wealth. We will discuss practical strategies for getting out of debt, and in turn, how to leverage income to build for the future – in the context of biblical stewardship.
- An understanding of types of debt, and how debt affects one’s personal financial path
- Application of the Debt Snowball method for most effectively getting out of debt
- Actionable benchmarks to aim for in investing and retirement planning